Download IntelliJ IDEA For Windows
There are two editions: Community and Ultimate. I recommend Community edition which is enough for our purpose.
Here are the steps:
1. Once you have downloaded the setup file (around 275 MB), double-click it to start the installation process.
2. It will ask for a location to save installation files. By default, it’s set to Program Files folder. Click Next to proceed.
3. Next up choose whether to choose 32-bit or 64-bit and associate the extensions if you would like to. Then Click Next and then Install to start actual installation.
Now let us set up the Integrated Development Environment once it finishes booting.
1. Click “Create New Project” from the Welcome screen.
2. Choose the preferred project type. In our case, let’s choose Java. Then choose the preferred project SDK. In most cases, it automatically detects, for example, the Android SDK. In any other case, if it doesn’t detect, you can manually choose the location by clicking New.
3. Then choose from the given templates. Choose Command Line Type and hit Next. In the next page, Choose the project name, location and unique base package name.
4. Now IntelliJ IDEA will automatically create the project, setup required environment and index the required files although it may take a little while.
5. That’s it! You’re ready to start coding and start debugging.