Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows and is a big bet of Microsoft on Windows-As-A-Service. Microsoft has said that it’s the last version of Windows. Microsoft will further update it on regular basis through Windows Update with new features, enhancements and bug fixes. However, since Windows is a big platform. Some programs make some changes to the system and registry due to which problems get created in it.
Till now, the biggest problem I have faced in Windows 10 is Windows Search. Three times, yes! Two times, ‘Search and Indexing Troubleshooter’ was enough to fix the cause. But third time things went crazy. Whenever I search for anything, search remains black. Nothing happens. I checked on following things:
1. Windows Search service was running fine.
2. Search and Indexing Troubleshooter couldn’t resolve the issues.
The only option that I hadn’t tried was to rebuild Index. Yes, that’s the solution. Due to some program changes, Windows fails to use the already built index. To rebuild the Index, follow the steps:
1. Press Win+R key combination to open ‘Run’.
2. Enter ‘control’ in it and press OK. This should launch Control Panel. Click Indexing Options.
3. Click ‘Advanced’ and then ‘Rebuild’.
4. That’s it! If it asks for some confirmation, permit it. Overall indexing process may take hours (in background) but main indexing must be done within minutes.
Now wait a couple of minutes and try searching anything. Windows Search should work fine now.
Join Us On Facebook and Twitter and you can subscribe via email too