Google just released the stable version of its browser Chrome and is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The latest stable release of the fastest growing browser includes a number of new features and brings improvements in graphics, security, and privacy.
The new included features are following:
- Hardware accelerated 3D CSS
- New Safe Browsing protection against downloading malicious files
- Removal of Google Gears
- Launch Apps by name right from the Omnibox
- Improved screen reader support
- Integrated Sync into new settings pages
- Ability to delete Flash cookies from inside Chrome
- New warning when hitting Command-Q on Mac
The improved graphics capabilities helps you get snazzier experience in some web pagesand web apps that choose to implement 3D effects.
Along with this stable version of Chrome, Google has also updated the beta channel to 13.0.782.11 to include UI tweaks and stability fixes. Existing Chrome users will automatically be updated to the latest stable release. You can check the current Chrome browser version by navigating to About Google Chrome box.