About two weeks ago, Microsoft released a feature packed update for Windows 8.1
users. This update comes with performance enhancements and few new features like title bar for Windows Store apps
, pinning of Store apps on Taskbar etc. Another feature is the addition of Power button
and Search button
on Start Screen. It is good to see that Microsoft has made it easy to access these important Windows options.
But for some reason, if you would like to remove this Power button from Start Screen, you can do so easily using Registry Editor:
1. Open Run dialog box by using Win+R key combination.
2. Now navigate to the following key:
3. Right-click “ImmersiveShell” and click New->Key. Name this new key “Launcher“.
4. Select “Launcher” key and right click on right side’s white space and click New->DWORD (32 bit) Value. Name it “Launcher_ShowPowerButtonOnStartScreen“.
5. Its value should be “0“. However, it is already set to 0 as default as shown below.
6. That’s it! Now sign out of your account and again sign in to see the effect.
Join Us On Facebook and Twitter