Microsoft is enjoying the New Year and the holiday season with a great news. Microsoft’s latest operating system, Windows 10 is running on more than 200 million devices. Yes, that’s a big number but not unexpected since Windows 10 is free update. With this, Windows 10 has become the fastest growing version of Windows beating even the popular, Windows 7. Along with this great news, Microsoft also shared some insights. Microsoft said that December was the best month for Windows 10 because 40% of new Windows 10 devices becoming active since Black Friday.
- Over 44.5 billion minutes spent in Microsoft Edge across Windows 10 devices in just the last month.
- Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
- Around 30% more Bing search queries per Windows 10 device vs. prior versions of Windows.
- Over 82 billion photos viewed within the Windows 10 Photo app.
- Gaming continues to grow on Windows 10 – in 2015, gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games on Windows 10. Gamers have streamed more than 6.6 million hours of Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs.
Not only Windows but Store also achieved many heights.
- 2x increase in the number of paid transactions from PC and tablet customers this holiday season.
- In December alone, 60% of paying customer were new to the Store.
- In December, Windows 10 generated more than a 4.5x increase in revenue per device, as compared to Windows 8
Since Windows 10 is a free upgrade till 29 July 2016, it’s expected that user base will keep growing. But will it be able to reach Microsoft’s expectations. Only time will tell.
Join Us On Facebook and Twitter and you can subscribe via email too